About our Community Herbcraft Program
Prerequisite: Home and Family Basic Herbcraft or Testing out.
Intermediate Community Herbcrafting: consists of intermediate to advanced concepts and subjects in holistic herbal medicine The program comes from a deeply ecological perspective when working with plants as medicine. We use both traditional and non-traditional teaching methods like Botany Yoga, Personal Projects, Provings, and Latin Binomial Spelling Bees. This program started being built in 2003. Community herbcraft provides students with a solid understanding and practice of bioregional holistic western herbalism, and prepares students to be able to practice in there communities on with herbal first aid. It is offered weekends and/or weekday evenings once a year, from Jan-May
- Solid understanding of the categorization of herbs by holistic western property and actions
- Advanced preparation and farmacy work creating potent extracts by understanding constituents
- Hands on botanical field identification and harvesting techniques with wild and garden medicinals
- Grasping both Western Anatomy and Physiology as well as Holistic Western
- Constitutional Medicine(Greek-Physiomedicalist)
- Over 150 herbs are covered as simples and in basic pairing and triunal formulation
- Permaculture in Herbalism
- How to Offer First Aid and Remedies to your community
- Flower essence work and plant sits to connect you to the spirit of herbalism
This program is for those that would like to deepen their herbal studies and work with herbs in their community. Advanced plant identification tools allows you to connect and make preparations from your weedy allies confidently. This program is a prerequisite to go on to Part 3 of our Programs, in Clinical Herbalism.
Intermediate Program only $2250 (must test out of part 1) Introductory and Intermediate together is discounted at $2995.
Early registration discounts are applied if registered prior to 1 month before programs
(If you are wanting to go further as a clinician we suggest our Advanced Practicing Herbcraft Program, which can be taken after the Community Herbcraft program in the fall. There is a substantial discount if all three are registered for together)