Community Herbcraft Herbal Certificate Program: Apply Here
Do you want to go deep? This is a really fun, rigorous program for the serious herb student. The onsite 295 hour 6-9month Community Herbcraft Program, is offered weekends and/or weekday evenings once a year, at our Main campus in Cedar Creek and at the American Botanical Council in East Austin with a start date of Jan or Sept. This program is for those that would like to learn the basics and continue there studies and go deeper in to working with herbs in their community. Advanced plant identification tools allows you to connect to your weedy allies confidently. This program is a prerequisite to go on to our Advanced Programs, in Clinical Herbalism/and Herbal Educator Program. If you are applying for a scholarship this is required for all programs. If you ONLY want to join the beginner program then you can bypass this application and sign up directly at the link to Register for Home and Family.
Teachers include Nicole Telkes, Stephanie Berry, Caroline Caswell, Yanira Aguirre Rodriguez, Esther Schroeder, and Jenny Perez, Nicole Finkelstein
The Program provides students with a solid understanding and practice of bioregional holistic western herbalism and prepares students to be able to practice in there communities on with herbal first aid. The program consists of intermediate to advanced concepts and subjects in holistic herbal medicine
The Program provides students with a solid understanding and practice of bioregional holistic western herbalism and prepares students to be able to practice in there communities on with herbal first aid. The program consists of intermediate to advanced concepts and subjects in holistic herbal medicine.
- Solid understanding of the categorization of herbs by holistic western property and actions
- Advanced preparation and farmacy work creating potent extracts by understanding constituents
- Hands on botanical field identification and harvesting techniques with wild and garden Texas medicinals
- Grasping both Western Anatomy and Physiology as well as Holistic Western Constitutional Medicine(Greek-Physiomedicalist-Michael Moore)
- Over 150 herbs are covered as simples and in basic pairing and triunal formulation
- Permaculture and Gardening for herbalists
- How to offer first aid and herbal products to your community
- Flower essence work and plant sits to connect you to the spirit of herbalism