Community Herbcraft Herbal Certificate Program: Apply Here
Welcome! Do you want to go deep into community herbalism?
This is an exciting and rigorous program for serious herb students. This program is offered weekends and/or weekday evenings once a year, and for 2021 it will be live online meetings, recorded lectures, and limited onsite meetings outdoors with enhanced safety and social distancing protocols. If you are new to herbal medicine, we require you to take the Introductory program prior to or while taking this one. Due to the ongoing pandemic, we do have limited space so please apply early. The program begins with onsite introductory training in Fall, and resumes onsite in spring through Summer. There is a faster track you may inquire about.
This program is for those that would like to offer herbalism not just to their families, but as an active part of their community. Subjects include Body Systems and First Aid, Herbal Properties and Energetics from the Western Tradition, Advanced Herbal Preparation and Pharmacy, Advanced Plant identification tools, and building community with herbalism. This program is a prerequisite to go on to our Advanced Programs, in Clinical Herbalism/and Herbal Educator Program. If you ONLY want to join the beginner program then you can bypass this application and sign up directly at the link to Register for Home and Family.
Teachers include Nicole Telkes, Caroline Caswell, Andrew Herrick, Esther Schroeder, Jenny Perez, Nicole Finkelstein and many guests from our herbal community.
The Program provides students with a solid understanding and practice of bioregional holistic western herbalism and prepares students to be able to practice in their communities with herbal first aid, create remedies, grow, or educate. The program consists of intermediate to advanced concepts and subjects in holistic herbal medicine.
- Solid understanding of the categorization of herbs by holistic western property and actions
- Advanced preparation and farmacy work creating potent extracts by understanding constituents
- Hands on botanical field identification and harvesting techniques with wild and garden Texas medicinals
- Grasping both Western Anatomy and Physiology as well as Holistic Western Constitutional Medicine(Greek-Physiomedicalist-Michael Moore)
- Over 150 herbs are covered as simples and in basic pairing and triunal formulation
- Permaculture and Gardening for herbalists
- How to offer first aid and herbal products to your community
- Flower essence work and plant sits to connect you to the spirit of herbalism
This is an application fee that is non-refundable upon acceptance. This fee credits toward the balance of your program. If for some reason we cannot accept you we will refund you minus a $50 administrative fee.
Full Price $3750 (regular registration)