WE GROW GREAT HERBALISTS
Ready to get your hands dirty?
In 2003, founder Nicole Telkes, took her passion for plants, healing, education, and nature and created the Wildflower School. As curriculum grew and teachers were added, we've remained dedicated to inspiring, empowering, and building a strong herbal community. The original, onsite offerings were developed in and around Austin, Texas. The school follows a bioregional Western, holistic tradition. Read more about our business philosophy here
We work to be of service to the plants and our community. We use herbalism as a tool to build a stronger and healthier world. Social and environmental justice plays a strong role in our evolving curriculum . Read our statement of inclusivity here.
- Learn and use bioregional medicinal plants
- Weedcrafting and wildcrafting for the future
- Deepening our connection to plant spirits
- Making herbalists and herbal medicine accessible to all parts of our community
- Honoring oral tradition and multiculturalism in herbalism
- Teaching our families and community the responsible, ethical, and safe use of herbal medicine
Where we are Heading
Every year we grow and improve our curriculum based on student and teacher feedback. Over the last 15 years, our small apprenticeship-style program has blossomed into a to a large, year-round herb school with basic, intermediate, and advanced offerings and over a dozen core teachers and staff . We keep our onsite classes small, but are excited to have more and more online resources and offerings as we grow.
Upcoming Classes & Apprenticeships
Herbal Medicine /// Community /// Flower Essences /// Traditional Healing /// Spirit /// Fresh Plant Tinctures /// Permaculture /// Science ///Folk Remedies /// Art /// Self Care/// Botany/// Free Clinics /// Holism /// Vitalism /// Natural Health /// Human Life Skills /// Medicine as Resistance /// Plant Walks /// Gardening /// Body Systems /// Mystery /// Self-Empowerment ///
Join us on the green path, to learn about plant-based healing of body, mind, and spirit. Our education philosophy incorporates Vitalism and Deep Ecology into Traditional Holistic Western Herbalism. Connect to plants and other people like you, who are searching for herbal wisdom.
- Main Onsite Campus: Austin TX
- Pacific NW and Desert SW Retreats and Classes
- Online Learning
A warm welcome to those of you following the green path! We are excited to offer online herbal education to you through our site. Here are our 2019 offerings
- free online library with a blog and resources for students
- Live Single Online Class webinars listed here
- Audio Only downloads
- Recorded Webinars