THE BEST HERBALISTS GROW HERE
Ready to get your hands dirty?
We've expanded our online offerings!
- Full online programs in introductory, intermediate, and advanced holistic Western herbalism
- Live office hours support
- Bundled with our Membership Libraries: Materia Medica Plant Profiles, and Recipes for Resistance we are adding to every month.
Onsite Austin Texas Learning Options
Growing Amazing Herbalists since 2003
Join us on the green path, or Viriditas Arcana, to learn about plant-based healing of body, mind, and spirit. Our education philosophy incorporates Vitalism and Deep Ecology into Traditional Holistic Western Herbalism. We are excited to connect to plants and other people like you, who want to go deep into the quest for herbal wisdom.
- Hometown Campus: Austin TX
- Pacific NW and Desert SW Retreats and Classes
- Online Learning
Some of the subjects we cover include: ~Herbal Medicine ~Community Building ~Flower Essences~Traditional Healing~Spirit ~Fresh Plant Tinctures~ Permaculture~Science ~Folk Remedies ~ Art ~ Self Care~Botany~ Free Clinics ~Holism ~Vitalism~ Natural Health ~ Human Life Skills ~Medicine as Resistance ~Plant Walks ~ Gardening ~Body Systems ~ Mystery ~Self-Empowerment~
Next In Person Class Offerings
Click here or on the image
Begins February, 2021. You can read more about our enhanced safety protocols here
In 2003, founder Nicole Telkes, took her passion for plants, healing, education, and nature and created the Wildflower School. As curriculum grew and teachers were added, we've remained dedicated to inspiring, empowering, and building a strong herbal community. The original, onsite offerings were developed in and around Austin, Texas. The school follows a bioregional Western, holistic tradition. Read more about our business philosophy here
We work to be of service to the plants and our community. We use herbalism as a tool to build a stronger and healthier world. Social and environmental justice plays a strong role in our evolving curriculum. Read our statement of inclusivity here.
- Learn and use weedy bioregional medicinal plants
- Earth-friendly weedcrafting and wildcrafting
- Deepening connections to plant spirits
- Herbalists and herbal medicine accessible to all
- Honoring oral tradition and inclusivity in herbalism
- Teaching our families and community the responsible, ethical, and safe use of herbal medicine
Where we are Heading
Our goal is to put a herbalist in every home! Each year, we grow and improve our curriculum based on student and teacher feedback. Over the last two decades years, our small apprenticeship-style program has blossomed into a large, year-round herb school with basic, intermediate, and advanced offerings and over a dozen core teachers and staff. We keep our onsite classes small, but are excited to have more and more online resources and offerings as we grow.
The Wild Spirit Podcast from Nicole Telkes, Director and Founder
A show that guides you through the fascinating world of plant medicine from plant people with experiences and inspiration to bring you closer to your own inner wild.