Nicole Telkes nicoletelkes.com
Wildflower School of Botanical Medicine wildflowerherbschool.com
The basic recipe can be amended to have different herbs. I chose lemon balm because it’s tasty and it helps brighten the spirit around the holidays! This is grain free, dairy free, and can be made egg or sugar-free. It’s a tasty treat that is a healthier alternative to snacking on things, especially around the holidays or at work! The original idea I found online and amended from the Ambitious Kitchen.
- 1 egg, at room temperature, or for egg free use ½ of a mashed banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup brown sugar-or for sugar free substitute with 1/2 teaspoon Stevia
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup ground and powdered lemon balm leaves
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 oz of chocolate chips unsweetened or sweetened
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pull out a baking sheet and parchment paper
- Whisk together the egg(or banana), melted and cooled coconut oil, sugar and vanilla extract. Make sure the coconut oil is cool!
- Stir in the almond flour, coconut flour, lemon balm, salt, and baking soda. Mix well then add in the chocolate chips.
- Use a spoon to drop dough onto ungreased baking sheet. Gently flatten with a fork or spoon. Bake for 11-13 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on cookie sheet for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finishing cooling. Makes about 12 cookies.
Want more recipes or a download of this one? Join our Recipes for Resistance Library. Its a giant online herbal recipe library we add to every month!